When are sales and use taxes due?
- Sales and use taxes are due the first of each month. A 20 day grace period is granted therefore making taxes subject to penalties and interest if remitted after the 20th of the month. If the 20th falls on a weekend or federal holiday, taxes are due the next business day.
Is there a fee to register for sales and use tax?
- No fee is required to register your business for the remittance of sales and use tax. Registration applications can be picked up at our office location or registration can be performed online at: http://www.laota.com/index.php/for-taxpayers/registration
How do I report the misappropriation (theft), fraud, waste or abuse of public funds by anyone?
- Contact the Louisiana Legislative Auditor (LLA) Hotline if you suspect theft, fraud, waste or abuse of public funds
- Toll-Free 1-844-50 FRAUD (503-7283)
- Fax 1-844-40 FRAUD (403-7283)
- Online: ReportFraud.La
- U.S. Mail: LLA Hotline, P.O. Box 94397, Baton Rouge, LA 70804
IF THERE ARE ANY SPECIFIC QUESTIONS PLEASE SUBMIT THEM BELOW: